I came across this little bug yesterday that I want to share. A client of mine has a traditional Notes application that has some fields populated from an Oracle database via Lotus Enterprise Integrator (LEI). There is a Connection document in LEI that includes among the fields mapped to the Notes app, two computed fields that are not actually updated by any data from Oracle. Those fields in Notes had a formula of ‘@ThisValue’.
What we noticed was that these two fields, after being populated by other formulas within Notes (by some code that ran from an XPage in fact), when LEI would update the document the fields would be left blank. After some research on the Notes side, in the browser, and in LEI, I managed to narrow it down to a guess that perhaps the @ThisValue was the problem. So I changed the formula to use the old approach of having just the field name as the value. Sure enough, that fixed it.
So just a quick word of warning to anyone still using LEI. This approach might save you some grief.